At CribCulture, we know how important your families are to you. There is nothing we wouldn’t do to give our babies the very best. That’s why we’re committed to bringing you the absolute safest, highest quality products available on the market today. Not only do we want to deliver the best products to our clients’ homes, we want to make sure we’re having a positive impact on the environment as well.
When it comes to our crib sheets, that meant ensuring that we had them certified according to the Global Organic Textile Standard. The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) Certification is the leading textile processing standard worldwide for organic fibers. It covers every step of the process, from harvesting the raw materials to the work conditions of the manufacturers and the quality of the products. By choosing GOTS Certified Organic Cotton products, you are ensuring the health and safety of your loved ones and you can take pride in knowing you are making an environmentally-friendly purchase as well.
A few of the key criteria for GOTS Certified Organic Cotton include –
- GOTS certified organic textiles are at least 95% organic fibers – as compared to standard products carrying a “made with organic” label, which only contain a minimum of 70% organic fibers
- Quality parameters are enforced regarding rubbing, perspiration, light and washing fastness and shrinkage values
- All chemicals, including dyes and processing chemicals, used in manufacturing must meet requirements on their toxicity and biodegradability
- Genetically modified organisms (GMOs), formaldehyde, and toxic heavy metals are prohibited
- No chlorine is used in bleaching – all bleaches must be oxygen-based
- All manufacturers must have an environmental policy that includes target goals and procedures for minimizing waste and discharges
- Key employment criteria for processors and manufacturers, consistent with guidelines of the International Labor Organization (ILO), which ensures safe working conditions, fair wages and proper treatment of workers
What does that mean for you? It means your baby is sleeping on the highest quality materials that are naturally hypoallergenic and free of harmful chemicals and irritants that can bother your baby’s skin. It means that you can have peace of mind that you’re providing the very best for your baby. And it means that you are supporting responsibly sourced manufacturing and environmentally friendly practices.
CribCulture takes pride in sourcing quality materials to ensure we are providing our customers with superior products. The GOTS Certification ensures we are meeting our social, environmental, and quality goals and we’re confident you’ll appreciate the difference.