With October 31st right around the corner, now is the time to start planning the perfect costume for your baby’s first Halloween! Wait, what? You’ve been too busy changing 1,264,793 diapers, functioning on 3 hours of sleep (if you’re lucky), and generally keeping your child alive for the last few months to even THINK about what they’re going to be dressed as for a Halloween that they certainly won’t remember? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
All of the costumes below can be easily ordered or DIY’ed - depending on how close to Halloween you’re pushing it.
- Sea Turtle: We especially love this idea if you spin it as “Squirt” from Finding Nemo and have an older sibling be Dory or Nemo.
- Burrito: If we’re telling the truth, they look like little burritos half the time anyway, why not play that up for Halloween?
- Airplane: For the adventurous infant, a patriotic bennett bomber costume. Because who doesn’t love babies in propellor hats?
- Sushi Rolls: In keeping with the rolled-up food theme, sushi rolls offer an Asian-inspired twist on the classic burrito. (pun intended)
- Teddy Bear: Let’s be honest, you probably already own something that is animal inspired that can double as a costume in a pinch. Add a couple of ears and you’re good to go.
- Salt and Pepper: If you have twins and don’t dress them up as Salt and Pepper, you’re doing it wrong.
- Spaghetti + Meatballs: For the meathead baby, a bowl of spaghetti is an easy costume to recreate - plus, throw a chef’s hat on and your own costume is complete!
- Mouse/Mousetrap: For pro-level parents, incorporating the stroller into the costume is key. One of our favorites is this mouse/mouse trap combo.
- Mandrake: Perfect for Harry Potter fans, this little Mandrake is an easy way to make sure yours is the coolest little wizard on the block. Plus, we know you were planning on dressing up as Harry, Hermione, or Ron anyways. This is the perfect addition!
- Mario: Honestly, this is next-level parenting. Turning the baby carrier into a Mario-style plumbing pipe is so easy but makes the whole costume.
Have you seen any cute ideas recently? What did we leave off the list? Comment below with your faves! (Bonus points for photos)