What is GOTS Certified Organic Cotton and why is better for your family and the world?
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) Certification is the leading textile processing standard worldwide for organic fibers. It covers every step of the process, from harvesting the raw materials to the work conditions of the manufacturers and the quality of the products. By choosing GOTS Certified Organic Cotton products, you are ensuring the health and safety of your loved ones and you can take pride in knowing you are making an environmentally-friendly purchase as well.
A few of the key criteria for GOTS Certified Organic Cotton include –
- GOTS certified organic textiles are at least 95% organic fibers – as compared to standard products carrying a “made with organic” label, which only contain a minimum of 70% organic fibers
- Quality parameters are enforced regarding rubbing, perspiration, light and washing fastness and shrinkage values
- All chemicals, including dyes and processing chemicals, used in manufacturing must meet requirements on their toxicity and biodegradability
- Genetically modified organisms (GMOs), formaldehyde, and toxic heavy metals are prohibited
- No chlorine is used in bleaching – all bleaches must be oxygen-based
- All manufacturers must have an environmental policy that includes target goals and procedures for minimizing waste and discharges
- Key employment criteria for processors and manufacturers, consistent with guidelines of the International Labor Organization (ILO), which ensures safe working conditions, fair wages and proper treatment of workers
CribCulture takes pride in sourcing quality materials to ensure we are providing our customers with superior products. The GOTS Certification ensures we are meeting our social, environmental, and quality goals and we’re confident you’ll appreciate the difference.
Click here to learn more about GOTS criteria.